What will you get out of this internship:
At the completion of an editorial internship, interns can expect to have a minimum of three published writing pieces spread over a minimum of two issues of Good Grit. Interns may also have additional digital bylines. Interns will have experience with vetting, researching, and editing stories for print and digital. Interns will also have experience conducting at least two independent interviews for stories.
10 hours per week: six in office and four independents
- Interns will be expected to vet submitted pitches and provide their own pitches each week. Additional weekly expectations of writing and editing will change as we progress through the issue cycle.
- Short synopsis of responsibilities while working for you
- Interns will conduct requested research and follow-up on slated stories. Interns will communicate as needed with story subjects, writers, and representatives. Interns will assist in editing submitted stories and prepping them for placement, as well as assisting in preforming final edits of an issue prior to going to print.
How to apply:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put specific internship you are interested in the subject line
- Attach resume and link to portfolio if applicable
- Be sure to include name and contact info