5 Unique Father's Day Gifts
Dad—He is Mr. Fix-It, Mr. Tech-Guy, Mr. Saturday Morning Pancakes, and Mr. You Can Always Count on Him. Basically, he’s your guy. Since dads are the best, we wanted to put together a gift guide that isn’t just a random list of ‘stuff’ that will collect on his home office shelf. Instead, we’ve created a gift guide full of experiences that dad can enjoy solo (when he’s seeking a bit of r &r), or with the whole family, plus a few items that he’ll actually use!
1. Florida Family Road Trip
For those who live in the south, or want to safely head south, (we’ve been cooped up for so long) family road trips are coming back in a big way! It’s a great time to take a beautiful and beachy tour through the Sunshine State. Picture this: the journey begins in sunny St. Petersburg, Florida, and ends in the picturesque Keys.
• St. Petersburgh: When tripping through St. Petersburg, Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburgh Resort and Gold Club is a gem in this historic and beautiful city. This hotel is the prime spot to spend a night or two.
• Cape Coral: Call the Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marian Village home for an evening when venturing into Cape Coral for a stunning sunset over The Gulf of Mexico.
• Port St. Lucie: Port St. Lucie is a safe and family-friendly destination to spend wholesome family quality time. Club Med Sandpiper Bay is a cool spot to chill by the pool with dad or sample some of their famous white chocolate bread.
• Fort Lauderdale: A town full of art, culture, sun, sand, and beautiful sunsets. Once the family arrives at the Atlantic Hotel and Spa, it’s all fresh seafood dinners, bad dad jokes, and Instagram-able sunsets.
• Sunny Isle Beach: Sunny Isle Beach is offering a 30% discount for Florida residents looking for a stay-cation at the Solé Miami. When in Miami this summer, you must dine out with dad—try chicken ‘n’ waffles ‘n’ watermelon.
• Islamorada: Near the end of the road trip resides the Exclusive Resorts in Islamorada. Here, forever-family memories will be made in a tranquil, tropical single-family residence. This is a perfect home away from home to return to after a day of sportfishing with pop.
• Key West: Rounding out the road trip is Key West. Before buying dad a slice of key lime pie, check into the Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort. When you’re not playing water tag in the resort’s pool, be sure to snap a few family photos amongst the area’s notable pastel-colored homes.
2. Smoothie Time
Whether dad likes to mix up protein shakes or make-at-home milkshakes to enjoy after dinner, investing in a high powered blender can really kick up the at-home summertime fun. We love how the white Vitamix from their Ascent Series looks on a counter. Better yet, this powerful mixer can make ice cream lickety-split!
3. Afternoon Activity
Another great gift experience is to book a class or buy a gift card to reserve an afternoon of activities with dad. The Shard Shop is a kitschy, yet super fun, experience where cut glass (and other found objects) are made into art. It’s a one-of-a-kind, hands-on experience.
The Shard Shop provides all of the glass and crafting tools you’ll need for your afternoon project. The best part? Aside from spending time with dad, you’ll have a masterpiece to cherish forever.
The Shard Shop has four locations: Destin, Florida, Grayton Beach, Florida, New Orleans, Louisiana, and Baytowne, Florida.
4. Pool Time
This summer, public pools may not be an option. Aside from digging a hole in the backyard, blowing up a super-chic (dad approved) inflatable pool is the next best option. We love the masculine yet modern vibe of the black and white speckle tufted luxe inflatable pool from Mini Dip. We think dad wouldn’t mind a little day drinking in here either.
5. Just for Dad
Our last dad-approved gift is the Keenland Local Maker Box. Aside from being a truly unique Father's Day gift, artisan-made boxes support small businesses throughout the southern states.