A lot of us are ready to help, but don’t know where to start. We must educate ourselves—look at this as an opportunity as a chance to better yourself and the world around you. Become the change you wish to see. Here are 5 ways:
• 13th (on Netflix)
• When They See Us (on Netflix)
• Selma (available to rent)
• If Beale Street Could Talk (on Hulu)
• The Hate U Give (on Hulu)
• 1619 podcast by the New York Times
• Code Switch podcast by NPR
• Journal about how race affected your life.
• Talk with friends and family.
• Engage with your community.
• Think about the media you consume.
• Consider the businesses you support.
Above all, remember that we are all learning together. You don’t have to be perfect, but you can be better every day!